Udelete – Easy Recovery & Up to the Minute Data Protection
Undelete provides easy recovery of deleted files instantly, eliminating time-consuming restores from backup. It protects local and network-share files ensuring every deleted file can easily be restored.
Undelete is the world’s leading recycle bin for file servers, enabling continuous data protection and eliminating time-consuming restores from backup. It ensures every deleted file or a previous version of an Office file on a Windows PC or server can easily be restored—either by IT or by the users they support. Previous versions of other file types such as CAD, Photoshop, PDF, and others can also be saved and recovered.
Customers use it as the first line of defense before backup since it provides true continuous data protection for easy recovery of individual files. Whereas snapshots and backups are best used to recover entire data sets that are lost, it is tailored for quick recovery of single files that are lost or overwritten.
Where data protection typically means backups, snapshots, and the cloud, which do not capture every version of a file and require too much time for restore, it enables quick recovery of deleted or overwritten network files—eliminating persistent HelpDesk calls around accidental deletes. From server to desktop, Undelete makes retrieving deleted files efficient. In just a few clicks, content that took hours to create is back in a moment, and instant restore of Outlook PST and individual files eliminates tedious recovery from point-in-time copies.
Read Whitepaper about The top ten myths about the easy recovery of deleted files here.
Top 6 Reasons to use
Recovers Deleted Files Instantly – Enables easy recovery of deleted and overwritten local and network files.
Continuous Protection – Provides continuous data protection for Windows PCs and servers.
Recover Overwritten Files – Recovers previous or overwritten versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint CAD, Photoshop, and other files.
Protection – Protection from potential security risks when Recovery Bin is stored in the cloud.
Allows Self-Service Recovery – Allows self-service recovery, relieving IT from this task.
Instant Virtual Recovery – Instantly recovers files in virtual environments.
- Recovery Bin: Provides complete file protection by capturing all deleted files, including files deleted from network shares, allowing instant recovery with just a few clicks.
- User Interface: Easy to use, simple to navigate, and intuitive – Familiar File Explorer-like interface makes finding and recovering deleted files even easier.
- Version Protection for Microsoft Office files: Captures old versions of Microsoft Office files allowing recovery on intermediate versions of documents.
- Expanded File Version Protection: File versioning includes custom file types in addition to Microsoft Office files such as CAD, Photoshop files, PDFs, and more.
- Search Features: Easy to search for deleted files by multiple criteria. Capabilities include options to search by a date range, deleted by a particular person, or from a specific folder.
- Cloud Support: The Recovery Bin can now be stored in the cloud using OneDrive and other popular file hosting services.
- Dig Deeper Emergency: Recover files deleted before Undelete was installed.
- Secure Delete®: Securely erase files deleted so they are virtually unrecoverable.
- Wipe Free Space: Securely erase free space so remnants of data cannot be recovered.
- Remote Install/Uninstall: Server Edition provides the capability to install/uninstall Undelete to remote systems.
- Recovery Bin Management: Automatically purges the Recovery Bin when the free space becomes critically low on a volume.
Advantages and Benefits
- Delivers continuous Windows data protection for more than 30,000 customers globally
- Enables easy recovery of deleted and overwritten local and network files
- Provides continuous data protection for Windows PCs and servers
- Allows self-service recovery to relieve IT professionals from this duty
- Instantly recovers files in virtual environments
- Recovers previous or overwritten versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAD, Photoshop and other files
- Ability to identify specifically who deleted a file(s)
- No special training or learning curve due to familiar explorer-like interface
- Compliant with NSA and DoD governance and regulatory data deletion standards
- Centrally managed
- True “Set It and Forget It”® functionality
You can download the datasheet here.